Thursday, July 12, 2007

Yeti's Suck...

So I traveled to a place called WinterSpring. It's frozen forested area, but with hotsprings all around, it supports an abundance of life, including Yeti's.

I was hired by a goblin in Everlook (a goblin founded city like Gadgestan in Tanaris) to get some Thick Yeti Hides from the Ice Thistle Yeti's just south of the city.

I found the Yeti's and their cave and I killed Yeti's...



and I killed more yeti's...



and I killed more yeti's...



and I kept killing, running out of food and bandages and sharpening stones, but only getting 3 yeti hides after killing approximately 70 yeti's. I had to check but it turns out the yeti hides only come off the very basic yeti's an I was killing the higher level Matriarch and Patriarch Yeti's. I was pissed. An hour wasted, because yeti's usually only have a few silver coins on them. I did find two thorium veins for mining in the cavern, but other than that it was a big ass waste of time...

After going back to the lower level yeti's it took me 15 mins to get the yeti hides.

And then the damn goblin sent me back to get perfect yeti horns from those same matriarchs and patriarchs that I'd been killing for the past hour with not much to show for it.

Eventually it all turned out OK, the goblin gave me a slightly used mechanical yeti to keep. I don't think it will last very long, but it's cute and tough in a fight.

I got stronger just before going on this mission (ding 57). After part one of the quest chain and an hour of killing yeti's , I was 1/3 of the way to 58, just by killing yeti's... damn yeti's

1 comment:

Richard. said...

Dude, that's not in Gadgetzan that's in winterspring. :P